Monday, June 14, 2010

Is that a WEDDING RING you're wearing?!

There's a very attractive young man who i chat with for about 5 minutes every time i get coffee from the 7=11. We have enjoyable exchanges every time. He's alot younger then me. He said that he has no girlfriend but is looking very hard.

After about 2 months I asked him if he'd like to hang out. That was about a week ago. He said yes. But I didn't have the guts to give him my # and sometimes I'd go in and he's left for the day.

Well today I see a wedding ring on his finger! I said "is that awedding ring on your finger?" "No, an engagement ring." "But You said you don't have a girlfriend" "That's right I didn't"

"I get it" I said. "You're the product of an arranged marriage!" "That's right, he said. I only met her once. I haven't had a chance to tell you but the engagement party was over the weekend!"

I said you're lucky. I think that's a better way to go then the western way. He said the girl likes to sew and asked him what he likes to eat. I said that perhaps she will likely cook for you. Yes, he said. I went on to say but American women wouldn't necessarily be willing or know how.

He said she is 22 and working on her Master's degree. He said he is very nervous because he knows so little about her. I asked him if his parents live in India. He said no I live with my mother. "You're a virgin aren't you, you're not allowed to have sex before marriage?" He said you're right I am a virgin.

(How often do YOU go this deep with your 7-11 clerk?!) Z. had no embarrassment in telling me he is a virgin.

I just thought this story HAD to be told. I had planned on asking him to hang out today, but instead I said "you aren't allwed to hang out with other women are you" "No" he said. "Unless I sneak"

(Not an option in my book) So I'm happy for him but a little sad that he won't be allowed to hang out with me. He said "see you tomorrow?" sounding hopeful and doubtful at the same time.........................

No comments: