Monday, November 3, 2008

"I rarely, rarely talk about my health on this blog"

Because I'm just not comfortable doing so most of the time. By most accounts, I probably should not go back to work. But I will. I simply have no choice. I have a car to pay for. I want to be productive. I have a whole array of terrifying symptoms. I've been tracking my symptoms daily in writing for almost 15 years. I told my dr. I wanted to show him the list, he didn't ask me to see it, so he still doesn't know about the whole thing. One of the symptoms right now, is that I look like I have chicken pox (but I don't because I've had it before)

I went to minute clinic (in the cvs pharmacy) the other day and the nurse said something very weird......................

I described the spots: And I asked her if she wanted me to take off my sweater; she said:

"Don't show me anything "indecent!"

I just sat there for about 10 seconds having no idea what to do. Then I pulled up my sweater and showed her my stomach. She said: "Have you changed laundry detergent lately?" "No" I said. I told her that I can barely stay awake and that my lungs are inflamed my throat is sore (my joints are always very painful, and weakness is very common for me)

She said, "Probably you have lyme disease"

E-"I've had lyme in the past, but my doc said that my lyme went away"

Nurse "It looks like it's come back, you know, I have lyme"

"I don't want to take a throat culture. What do you want to do"

E "What do you think I should do"

Nurse "You should have your dr. test your blood"

E "So be it, I'll have him do that on Tuesday"

No comments: