Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"A country themed restaurant"

I ate breakfast at a country themed restaurant lately and have a couple of stories to share.  Well, first of all, the first thing you notice when you walk in , is, a very politicallly INCORRECT sign!  The sign said, in so many words:

"Make yourself at home no matter what your race or religion we will still serve you!"

WTF?  I wondered.  Why in the world, in 2012, would a restaurant need a formal sign indicating they will basically serve anyone with money?!

I am legally blind without my glasses, and have been wearing the wrong rx for about 7 years since glasses are not covered with my insurance.  So, i had to take off my glasses, put the menu to my nose to read.  This is pretty much what i have to do with all reading material!

The waiter asked if i wanted a LARGE PRINT menu!  Talk about an AARP moment!  I didn't even know that large print menus existed.  I laughed and said, "Oh, I'll make do with this, thank you!"

No comments: