Saturday, August 25, 2012

"Jaycee Dugard on my mind again"

I was so dissapointed last year when the 20/20 interview aired between Dugard and Diane Sawyer because i couldn't find a t.v. to watch it on.

It aired again last night, thank goodness.   I had finished the book last winter and you know from prior posts that I feel I have more in common with her then any of the other 200 or so women whose biographies I've read.

Some of the things I have in common with her I can't blog about however one of the biggest things I have in common with her is that we both had "a stolen 18 years"  I cried most of the 2 hours the show aired as I'm sure many did whether or not they have things in common with her or not.

20/20 spent a whole hour exposing how law enforcement and government had failed so grossly.  That is my experience as well, the situation certainly has not improved.  Seems like law enforcement only care if the person has been murdered.  My belief is that society has completely broken down, a monumental failure

The fact that she is actually enjoying life now is an absolute miracle, she is such an inspiration-I'd love to meet her.

(Jaycee is the woman who was abducted and held in captivity for 18 years)

Now I'm going to go check out her website  "the jayc foundation"

No comments: