Saturday, December 29, 2012

"3 Bananas for Christmas"

Mad for 20 years.  I've been fuming mad for 20 years about social inequaity.  It will never get any easier to watch strangers, friends, acquaintances have everyting handed to them on a silver platter.  I just know so many people who do not have to lift a finger.

I'll write an un-edited version of this as well for my journal.  But for here, I will say this.  Jim is 64.  He lives in the house he grew up in.  He inhereited it.  He has never had to work for shit his whole life.  His family have given him a steady supply of cars and maintenance.

The mother of his 21 year old child is wealthy so flies him to California every year for an allexpenses vacation.  She paid for the boys private education ad private college.  Jim never had to pay a penny of child support.

He has inhereited 2 more houses.  Every year another relative dies and he gets at least 10k each time and host of goods.

Today, my 20 something male neighbors told me that mother is at their house doing their laundry.  She then went out and got them groceries.

My other neighbor today who is 60, is home sick and waiting for her mother to bring her the medicine groceries and homemade chicken noodle soup.

I had 3 bananas for christmas.  today i bent over for what looked like a dime in the road, but it was too run over to be useable!  (when you are in chronic pain, bending over for a dime these days counts as work!  ;)

I have come up with some ways lately to channel some of my anger into activism, but it's likely i'll keep being mad anyway.

No comments: