Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"War Stories for Xmas Day at the Soup Kitchen"

As per usual I did nt celebrate xmas.  I am largely homebound by ice snow and then on xmas the bus didn't run.

I have 3 bananas to eat so i'll pretty much have to go to the soup kitchen.

They say this area is liberal but you would never know it at the soup kitchen.  Many times i meet angry diners who are all talking about how clse minded they are on various issues and really don't seem interested in hearing what anybody else has to say especially if the view is liberal.

Not 5 minutes into the really bad meal, a diner starts telling his story.  He is new to the soup kitchen, so I replied "That is what folks talk about here is their "war stories"

He asked me if I had read the local paper lately.  I said i don't read it every day.  He and his wife roll up their sleeves and show me stab wounds.  They went onto say that the article was in the paper. "Man stabs his roommates"

 The wife said that Mountain Town is an extremely dangerous place to live.  i said the whole society is, and there is nowhere to run.

I told her that in the AZ republic they said : "The most dangerous place an American woman could be is IN HER HOME!  That has been my experience as well.

The handsome man in his 40's chimed in.  Here is a paraphrase:  "Oh you think YOU have it bad?  See this bullet wound?  I was shot in the Aurora movie slaughter!

I joined in with some shocking stories of my own.  I could see a physical reaction that the wife was having because of the stress of the stories.

I proposed that the way we should all end our meal is with a rendition of White Christmas.  I began singing, everyone joined in and she cried because she was moved....................................

No comments: