Thursday, December 27, 2012

"Slender, fit and beautiful"

Everytime I watch the old Soul Train videos, I think about how it has been more then 30 years since folks looked so gorgeous.

Here where i live now, it is not at all uncommon to see children and adults who are at least 100 lbs overweight.  It stuns me that many are married and coupled because despite myself being fat also, i still see humans they way i did when i was under 35; "fat is ugly" and "slender and fit" is attractive.

I recently read 2 non fiction books with many pics.  It was about life in Haiti, the other was life in Brazil.  There was not a single photo of an overweight person in either book!

What a shame because most importantly this destroys ones health, and of course less importantly in many cases ones beauty as well!

No comments: