Saturday, December 22, 2012

"Living with Chronic Pain"

At times I get absolutely furious that I have to live like this.  Someone set a match to me so my skin and lips are on fire.  (neurological disorders)  My hands and fingers feels like they are made of barbed wire and someone is cutting the wires.  The pins and needles in hands and feet never go away, limbs fall asleep often.  In the morning or if I have been sitting for 15 minutes I can barely get up, my feet don't want to hold me and the pain in the hips and thighs is enough to nearly knock you off your feet.   Once you do get up you are limping.  Sometimes I feels like someone with a needle is stabbing my gums and teeth.  I guess you just have to be there.

Migraines and nausea are nearly daily.

How is it that we are so advanced in health care and that I have had to live like this for so many years.  There are of course hundreds of symptoms and I have many different disorders of the spine as well as arthrits and post lyme.

There is no excuse that society is letting me live like this, and I am pissed!  Although I am supposed to get in with a pain clinic soon, I am to the point where I wonder if i can wait, and may show up, yet again at the urgent care centers.

No comments: