Sunday, December 30, 2012

"YOU have hospital socks TOO?!"

I see many similarities between psychiatric hospitals and jails/prisons, even though I have never physically been in or visited a jail or prison.

Sadly the recidivism rate for psych. hospitals is very high.

You know that I checked myself in twice because i had no other shelter, so I spent 30 days total, yet not consecuitively between 8/14 and 12/1.

Some patients would check out and then end up right back there again a few days later!

So I recently showed my acquaintance my new place.  I took my shoes off and he proclaimed "you have hospital socks too!"

It's almost like the claim to fame in this town.  We compared notes and discovered that he checked out just a few days before I checked in.  He asked me if I know the "fat patient with the mohawk cut"

I told him I know every single patient by name because i recorded the name and something about their personalities in my journal.

No comments: