Monday, October 7, 2013

"Who do you think you are?"

So my father threatened me if I use real names of "his" family on my blog.  My birthmother made me swear I "will never ever write anything about her.

So, in that regard I feel like I am walking on eggshells.

Here goes:

I found out that I was incorrect about my late uncle being an extra in the movie diner.  instead I found out that the movie

diner by barry levinson was based on the lives of these jewish boys who hung out at a particular diner.  one of those boys was my late uncle.  I never met him, nor do I know what he looks like

I also found out (are u sitting down?!)

My ancestor John King who was wounded and in a pow camp during the civil war, journaled about his experiences.  those journals are used as educational material in colleges!

See any parallels?  I have been journaling since I was little, and in latter life one of my huge motives for writing is to educate.

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW, THIS IS REALLY EXCITING I have not yet read my ancestors journals.  however, he appears to be either my maternal 4x great grandfather or 4x great uncle.  I will not know that detail unless I join ancestry.com


here are some links that may help us read my ancestors writings:

www.redcross.org/ehl

here is a note for teachers "ehl helps navigate the world with your students"

www.redcross.org/newsletter/ehl_new

also

Laura Elizabeth Battle wrote:

"Forget me nots of Civil War is:

 a romance, containing reminiscences and original letters of two confederate soldiers
;)

this one looks promising:

go to google and enter:

"The account of confederate private John R. King p.o.w.@ Elmira, NY"

No comments: