Thursday, February 5, 2015

attempted breast biopsy this morning

I finally went for the biopsy on both breasts this morning , butdue to the excruciating pain upon being touched theTechSaid that the pain is only going to get worse and do I want to proceed so I said no.

I figured the only option is to just accept the death sentence of cancer so that being said the first thing out of my mouth was oh well I guess I'll just have to accept the death sentence

She said well are you open to the possibility of going in for actual surgery where they put you to sleep and I said yes I'm open to that possibility. So a doctor came in and talked to me and I told her my views and about palliative care and for some reason that made her and the tech make a :-(  face.
apparently when you say that you are interested in palliative care they assume that that means that you definitely don't want to live.

But all that means is I don't want aggressive treatment and I refuse aggressive treatment such as chemo and stuff like that

So the surgeon is going to be calling me regarding having a consUlt  about impatient surgery and I will certainly keep you informed. I asked them if a woman ever had to refuse her biopsy because of excruciating pain? She said yes about 5 percent of women are unable to go through with the procedure

No comments: