Saturday, August 23, 2008

"I'm no stranger to asking strangers for help"

And you could in a sense say that I've been running "rescue me" ads of one sort or another for 14 years. One guy who responded to my housing ad was supposed to meet me today in Baltimore. No confirmation call, no show. He has an extra room in his house in "87" Pennsylvania. That's right. He lives in the town of 87. He was planning to share his car with me and then eventually take me to get a car at the auction in PA (my idea)

But, no show. There are tons of people who say they like the idea of having a house mate but never follow thru. Perhaps because I make it very clear that my focus is to get out of poverty, and guys would like to think that if they rescue a girl that she will fall in love with him.

Sadly, no matter how nice people seem, most of the time I get stood up with no call for cancellation. In my mind it's unconscionable to stand people up, but that's not the way the world works.

So, in some form or another about 100 people a day hear my story and know that I'm looking for safe housing........a painstakingly slow process when you don't make enough money to afford housing in a safe neighborhood.

But I simply won't accept La Pew as my forever fate.

No comments: