Monday, August 18, 2008

"The way La pew handles death"

Is the way they handle everything. Completely haphazardly. For example, Gary, who is my age has been dead since October '07 and I found out in June '08. Birthdays are announced in the monthly newsletter (which I really dislike) and deaths aren't typically announced at all.

April , about 50, apparently died sometime within the last 2 weeks. When I went to get a candy bar from the vending machine last night, I saw a bulletin board (not one that normally doesn't get used much at all) leaning against a wall, with a death notice on it. Mind you, the b.board wasn't hanging on a wall but leaning. It had been taken down and put elsewhere due to the rehab. The only reason I noticed it at all is because I went to the vending machine. A. was just a mere acquaintance of mine, but still, I think it's disrespectful of staff to largely keep deaths a big secret. On the board was the announcement for her funeral which had happened a week ago!

Many of the people in the bldg. don't know each others names so the fact that there is no picture or death notice in our monthly newsletter, means you'll only hear about deaths by chance.

No comments: