Friday, August 15, 2008

"La Pew Correspondence/Correspondence from Hell"

There's quite a bit of construction that happens that we are never alerted about as well, for example it took them a few days to build a planter for the tree in the backyard. They rarely work on projects that would actually improve our quality of life.

Monday 8/11 Tuesday 8/12 in 9 hour shifts I listened to work trucks with back up beepers non stop. By 5 p.m. Tueday I had a migraine that didn't go away until yesterday. One hour after the work truck left, the landscaper who comes daily was out back (under my window with the leaf blower) until dark. He mows the lawn almost every day 7 days a week. People have no idea what noise pollution can do to your physical and mental health until they have lived through it.

There was an article in the Baltimore Sun a few days ago about how wealthy communities up and down the east coast are very upset because one of the airports is going to be diverting planes in such a way that the noise pollution will increase in their communities. Interestingly, the mayor of Elizabeth, NJ a poor area is suing (the airline?) in anticipation of the noise pollution.

More bad news from La pew

My thoughts in green

7/24

A representative from the contracting company will be in your apt., Wed. July 30, to repair any problems that were noticed by BIll, Linden Contracting.

Each repair crew has a list of items to work on, DO NOT ask them to repair things yourself. If there is something they missed, call the office.

Thank you for your cooperation.

7/28

On Tues, July 29 the painters will be in your apt. to paint the bedroo closet.

The entire closet must be emptoy for the painters to complete thier work.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING IN THE CLOSET

You should let the paint dry for 24 hours before returning your items to your closet.

If you need help please let the office know.

Thank you.

It's traumatizing to think that you'll come home and find your stuff has been taken out of your closet. For that reason, I've taken my nice winter sweaters and put them elsewhere out of sheer fear. I came home and couldn't find any evidence of anyone having been in my home, except that at some point my new book of stamps has been stolen.

Undated (slipped 1/2 way into my door on 8/15/08)

Dear Resident,

On Tues. 8/19, Weds. 8/20 and Th. 8/21 hte parking lot is being resealed and striped.

You just did that one year ago! Looks like I'll have to stay out of the house on those 3 days as I imagine the noise and air pollution will be unbearable.

This means your car will have to be off the lot for the entire 3 days.

Parking isn't easy in my neighborhood, but I decided that even if I do manage to get another car, I'll never park it in the La pew lot again. The flood lights are usually out, and that back yard doesn't feel safe after dark. I'd fear vandalism or jealously from other tenants. When I do have a rental car, I hide it on a "safe" residential street.

For those of you who have a car in an assigned space, this means it must be moved or it will be towed at your expense.

Threats are a common language that staff use against us. The manager daily keeps her suv parked in a fire lane no park zone. I've often thought about what joy it would be to have her towed. Management are such hypocrites. I don't know how they can expect us to respect them when they give us no respect.

The contracting company will do everyting in their power to work as fast as they can to to complete the job.



iF Y

7/28

The frustration we all feel with the rehab is understood, but we are almost at the end.

Oh, is that a fact, and when is that date?

Your closets will be one of the last things that need to be done.

To help make things a little easier, the only areas that will be painted are the two side walls of your closet. The holes from the previous closet will be filled in and that area will be painted.

If cleaning out the entire closet is a problem, just make sure the side walls are cleared.

If you need help clearing things, let us know and we will be able to help. But the closets need to be completed.

O.K. So, I've been given less than 12 hours notice. I've already told them that if they set foot in my house I will take them to court. Obviously they haven't gotten that notice. I stop them in the hall, and tell them that they better not go in my house. Oh, don't you worry, one said, we won't. Sounds like they got the message.

No comments: