Saturday, April 7, 2012

"Do you have fibromyalgia too?"

One of my friends, when I described my symptoms she said she thought it was the lyme that was whipping me worse then the fibromyalgia. I can no longer use staircases is any normal fashion. I have 6 steps I need to traverse each day, an indoor staircase, and I use the "strength" of my arms to get me down the case. I hold the banister with left hand and brace my right arm on the wall, and walk down trying to put no weight on my osteoarthritic knees.

In the middle of the night, I try to roll over and I can't. I try to pull the covers over me and I can't. When I do get to a sit position, and hoist my way up, it feels like my feet are numb, they don't want to hold me in a stand position. I feel like I'm going to fall over. I walk at the pace of a 102 year old.

But, I can still hula hoop. At a party last night I did about 6, 15 minute sessions maybe longer.

There are no words to describe the pain yu already have, then the pain of the hoop on your body. But my spirit is that of a 21 year old, so I can't just not hoop. Generally speaking I am typically very very weak and for the last 7 years or so, if there is a handicapped automatic door opener on a bldg. I always always use it.

No comments: