Monday, April 2, 2012

On the "bad" side of town

There are precious few acts of human kindness that are visible on the "bad" side of town, so I'll share this with you:

I have oatmeal at home, and enough money for a bus pass and a bagel today. Shortly after counting my change, I went to the bus stop.

It's a windy day, and I'm watching all of the trash blowing. One piece of trash, looking like a snowball, crossed the major street "courteously!" It crossed practically in the crosswalk, completing it's path on the sidewalk, where a normal person would likely complete their crossing.

Despite all the things I see blowing, I missed this! A man walked past me and said "Pardon me maam, but this wouldn't be your $3.00 blowing in the wind would it?" I said "No, it isn't but I sure could use it!" "It's yours!" he said, and handed it to me. I thanked him profusely.

Then I thought, "hmmm, maybe if i look in the direction that the wind is coming from, a 100 or 1000 bill will blow my way!"

I did just that, I looked east, another one dollar bill blew in front of me! I took the $3.00 and went to the pizza shop where I got a nice slice of pesto pizza. Then, a couple at the next table said "We have all this food left over and we can't take it with us. They asked a patron if they wanted it, and the patron said no.

I said, "I'll take it!" It was 2 more slices of pizza! So, this was a nice relief from what is largely alot of draining things going on in my life.

No comments: