Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Where are your parents?!"/"Motherless Child"

I'm sitting in the lobby of a hotel on 1/23 and I watch an unsupervised girl of about 8, climbing on top of furniture and sliding down banisters. She is alone for more than 1/2 hour but none of the hotel staff seem to care. She needs someone to play with but she also needs an adult. Who is this kid anyhow?

It blows my mind how many times I see a child right next to their parents but the parent might be on a cell phone or just in la la land, and the parent has no clue what their kid is doing, and often times doesn't seem to give a damn.

I was in the grocery store also on 1/23, and a 2 and 3 year old boys were right under their father's nose, but because the father was on the phone, he didn't see that the boys opened up the bank cupboard and were looking inside at the supplies! AAgh! most of the time you can't say anything unless the kid is on the verge of death!

My friend is 25 and in social work school and she said that she knows more people and more children, who come from abusive homes then those who come from healthy homes!

I was wondering, who is actually signing up for these parenting classes in Mountain Town? What parent admits that they have much to learn? I asked someone and they said "The only parents who are attending these classes are the ones who were court mandated to do so!"

No comments: