Saturday, February 23, 2013

"Mom, you need to smile more"

So, i'm waiting at the bus stop today and a 20 something guy who is smoking like a chimney says to me:

"Mom, you need to smile more!"

me-"Did you just call me mom?!"

(my brain is searching.  what other stranger calls me mom?  someone someone. oh yeah!  young african american males call females, "mommy"  i haven't heard this since i was in baltimore)

him_"Yes, I did.  I call all older wiser women, mom"

me-"Well, to answer your question.  I never smile if i am standing within a mile of a person who is smoking aciggarette."

him-"See that?  I made you smile"

--------------------------------------------------

He gets on bus.  He tells the driver:  "You have a nice smile.  People really need to smile more.  It's a beautiful day.

No comments: