Friday, February 22, 2013

"Out of my way to avoid......"

Please, please have mercy on me!  The worst form of torment is being forced to talk about the weather!  I walked to the market this morning, dreading, having to go through the cashier line!

Please, please just ring me up and let me the heck out!  I had this vision today of my tormenters tying me to a chair with ropes and forcing me to TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER ALL DAY!

I got in to the line with 2 items.  Oh no here it comes:

Cashier:  Pretty day.  not as cold as yesterday. 

Me:  (He's rung me up so i say thank you and that's it.)

I try to walk away and he says:  "Wind coming tonight, won't top 40 until tomorrow!"

All I can say is: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

In any given day i am forced to go through at least 3 lines to deal with human cashiers.  I do prefer the automated lines for this reason. Everybody wants to tell me what the weather is.

How are you? they ask.

I'm here.  I answer

Well, it's a beautiful day at least, they say.

Mmmm Hmmm. I say.

I get the distinct impression that i am torturing these cashiers by my unwillingness to engage in small talk.

I go the ladies room today and what comes over the loudspeaker but the song:

"IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY!"

(i can live with that.  i do love the song.  and i love the synchronicity of that song coming on.  In my next post, i will put up that song.)

No comments: