Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"The latest with the housing situation"

So.  AFter i lost my last place on 8/19, i was homeless for 14 weeks.  In that time i had 12 moves.  Two of those addresses were at the mental hospital for lack of shelter.

From 12/1 to 2/3 of this year; i was living alone in a 2br but with no access to the second bedroom.  The agreement when you are in transitional housing is that you have to live with a room mate.  It is a living hell because she is so sick.

I mean I will be the first to admit, that you could put Miss Manners in ther with me and it wouldn't matter because I can handle 2 things at this stage in my life:

living alone
or
living with a significant other

So, agency x told me in november that by about 3/1 i can have my own place again in an eficiency apt.  It would be subsidized.

However when I told them yesterday yes, i am ready to start that process they said/implied:

"Well, unless you move out of where you are and into a tent; you basically are no longer eligible for your own place!"

Dear REaders, you know that this is why i  write.  Well, certainly it is one of  the themes of my blog and and my future memoir.  Uncovering what life is like for the poor, and how tough it is to find and maintain safe affordable housing.

No comments: