Tuesday, February 5, 2013

"Stay away from me i don't want an f'in roomate!"

I knew when my name came to the top of the list for subsidized housing, that eventually i would have to live with a roommate.  The first 2 months i got to live alone.

Last Monday the landlord told me that there are absolutely no prospects at this time so you can continue to have the place to yourself.

But, yesterday a.m. he told me that I will have a room-mate in "about an hour!"

It turns out that I already know a great deal about her because i have  observed her on the bus and out in public for nearly 2 years.  She is 20 and she doesn't speak to anyone when she is out and about.  I wondered if she had a history of meth use in that she is skin and bones.

Last night, she locked herself in our only bathroom for 5 hours.  She wailed and screamed "Stay away from me I don't want a fuckin' roomate"

I told the landlord that the difference between "the mentally ill" and "the rest of us" is that if the mental illness is severe enough (like with the  new roomie) they will just say whatever comes to their minds with no editing.

I had many concerns about the potential roommate/ but I never could have foreseen that I might have to squat in my own back yard to pee because my roommate won't let me use the toilet!

No comments: