Friday, January 3, 2014

"Survived the holidays"

Something really crazy happened regarding my sleep.  You know how little sleep I've had since 1975.  Well, 3 nights ago, I slept about 13 hours, then the next night I slept about 13 hours.  I was completely shocked because each time I awoke around 4 p.m.  Unfortunately I awoke with a severe headache both mornings which is most likely the sinus infection; so I had to take some heavy duty headache meds.

 That's too late to leave the house on the bus because it would mean I wouldn't get home until after dark.

So, since I've been stuck home since 12/31; I made a point not to take any sleep meds last night, which insured that I would be up all night, but that it would allow me to leave the house at dawn which is actually somewhat refreshing.  I've gotten a lot done and also bumped into 2 acquaintances I hadn't seen in ages which was fun.

But now I'm exhausted!

I'm so relieved the holidays are over I have not enjoyed hearing about "everybody's joyful vacations"

No comments: