Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Marijuana/Alcohol legality

On the news last night, they showed a pot shop in Colorado that has just opened. It's purpose is to be a legal resource for people needing pot for pain relief. You may or may not know that each state decides whether or not pot should be legal, but the feds can over-ride it.

Personally, I can't breathe any kind of smoke into my lungs. But I'd like to see pot legalized so that people like these CO shop owners don't have to worry about being shut down. I already told you that fibromyalgia pain is excruiciating. I also get migraines that last for a week, and I have heard that pot is great medicine.

When you get right down to it, if people want something bad enough, they are going to get it, legal or not. That is the primary reason why I think pot should be legalized.

Another thing I saw on the news is a story on binge drinking at the colleges. We send our kids off to war at 18, we let them drive at 16, we don't know what age to let them have sex, we don't let them drink til they are 21, but they find a way to get it and go so far as to get illegal driver's licenses. The age thing is so arbitrary and makes no sense. The greatest influence on the decisions that teens will make is going to be , most likely, how they were raised. So should the drinking age be lowered to 18? Probably so.

No comments: