Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Why I think most people are so selfish"

Because for example, and I have lots of examples of this one. I had been looking forward to this organization's event for weeks. I even reserved a spot. They are a non profit who pay lip service to the poor. So, weeks ago I let it be known that I needed a ride. The email was forwarded to about 200 people. No one called me to offer me a ride.

I think most people are selfish because nearly every meeting I schedule, the individual or organization doesn't show at all, is 1/2 hour late, 1 hour late, etc, or calls at the scheduled time to say they are running more than 45 min. late or are not going to show at all. MEAP asked the people in our bldg. to show up in the community room twice in one week. Neither time did they show.

When my mercury sable broke down on Lake Avenue 21 months ago, everyone was angry with me. People yelled, people looked angry, but no one stopped their car to check and see if I was safe. It was a while before an officer showed, but when one did, a neighbor came out and told me and the officer "how dangerous it is for my car to be there!" DUH. What an idiot. Apparently, she and everyone else thinks it was my choice to break down.

Because people tailgate and curse at people who drive near the speed limit, suggesting that we should break the law for them because it's inconvenient to follow the law. Because when I had my car I saw so much road rage. Because drivers are mostly angry at pedestrians for slowing them down. (I'm sure there are kinder societies than Baltimore out there)

Because most clerks act "put out" that they have to serve a customer at the register or otherwise.

I could write a book on why I think that most people are selfish.............................

I love Oprah's Big Give (more on that in a different blog) but most people don't give a x#$% damn about anybody but themselves.

No comments: