Thursday, April 24, 2008

"This the way most things go/the san diego nanny interview"

I call the # the mom left on my home voice mail. Her name is (yes I always make up the name, but I won't make up anything else) "Janet Smith. " I call the # she's left on my v.m., her outgoing message says "you've reached mary kilpatrick, please leave a message." I leave a message.

"This is e.s. the nanny in baltimore, i'm a little bit confused, your outgoing message says: "you've reached mary, and i thought i was calling janet. if you really are janet then please get back"

(She calls and leaves a message saying something to the effect of : oh, mary is my friend, i'm not sure how that happened. why don't you call me at 123-456-7890.)

I accidentally call her cell instead of the # i just listed above. her cell is "234-567-8900." So, i get thru to the voice mail and the outgoing message says: "you've reached 345-678-9012!" So, I re-dial 3x over the course of the day thinking that the lines must have gotten crossed! Why is it that I'm callling "234" and I'm getting "345" So, I finally leave a message stating: "I'm calling you on the # you gave me but it's going thru to a different #, please call me if you get this message"

So, I realize this morning, that there is another # where I can call her at work. Her reply to my nanny ad said something to the effect of "nanny can live in the 1 b.r. apt"

I do reach her today, and the long and the short of it is that she is looking for 160 hours help a month, and in return, I can sleep in the living room on the sofa, there is no salary. She said she can help me get a car, but that's about it. So, she lives with her 3 kids in a 1 bedroom apt. (wow, 4 people in one bedroom) and she is offering up the living room sofa as payment!

If I were homeless, I'd do it. But I'm not, so I'm going to keep looking.

No comments: