Saturday, February 27, 2010

Commonly held misconceptions

I was at the Hampstead Community Fair today and this one vendor said to me "What?! You live in public housing AND have a car?"

It seemed like a round about accusation that I have somehow lied or cheated the system. I said "Do you want to tell me how I'm supposed to live in the country without a car?"

I also said "There are many many people in public housing with cars" "And believe you me there have been plenty of situations where i had to skip a meal so i could pay for some car expense or put gas in the car!"

The fair was nice, but one theme that reoccurs year after year when I got to various fairs and festivals is even if i am bartering to get into the festival, my barter work never "covers food" So I usually feel a little cheated because i see food and drinks and typicall don't have the money to get anything.

One guy today was selling slices of pizza for 2 dollars. Its a place i go to 2x a month or so so he knows me. I thought it was free because there was no sign saying it cost money. So, I said Oh, 2 dollars i can't because i don't have any money. he said o.k.

I thought he should have just donated a slice as an act of goodwill. As it stands by fair end, he had alot of pizza left, and likely threw it away or something ;(

But at the fair was my doctor, my nurse practitioner, my physical therapist and my dentist....................Isn't that interesting? and it wasn't a health fair, it was a fair showing off many local businesses.

My fave booths were

"Shiloh Pottery"

and

"Old Line Publishing"

good event, good event. I mean normally going out on the town means going to the local library showing of Mary Poppins, going to the town hall for pancakes, or going Christmas caroling!

Good town if you are living with your happy family and cute little children...................

No comments: