Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I feel like I'm in combat"

Because it is literally a battle one right after the other all day every day. My tooth just fell out. Left upper rear. See a filling that has fallen out too.

I was in the coffee shop 4 days ago eating a bagel, lox, and cream cheese when suddenly I felt like I was chewing a metal bee bee. I couldn't see anything or find anything and i certainly didn't see anything foreign in the food. Well, a portion of my tooth just fell out and it is sitting on my bedroom dresser! Must be a left upper rear cuz I can't look in the mirror and see anything.

Ouch this hurts. You know most health insurance plans don't cover dental. YOu know those folks who smile and there teeth are gone or rotted or whatever? Always makes me think about social class, and how you give your income away when you smile.

Remember I told you I had to wait 6 years to get dental work. Then found out that my Westminster caseworker found funding for me to get the exam and cleaning end of November? I have to go back to her and ask again, as I need an emergency appt. and I certainly don't have the means.

Neither my Medicare nor my Medicaid cover this, although Medicare is good it is not perfect, so wish me luck and wish me painless chewing!

No comments: