Saturday, February 13, 2010

"Blizzard of 2010"

I have about 55 pages of handwritten journal entries to share with you about the storms. Carroll County got 6 feet. I got, literally, barricaded into my apt. for 4 days. I had absolutely no phone service. This definitely ranks as one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. When the library re-opens, I'll give you the blow by blow details. Plan to contact Dan Rodricks about the storm and some other stuff as well.

I sketched the view from my living room window. 10 feet high snow mountains, met by many many icicles varying in length from 2 inches to 12 inches.

I read 3 books.

I listened to 8 c.d.'s and I wrote, and I wrote, and I wrote.

Oh my God! I have so much to tell you! (can't you just hear the inflection in my voice?

And another foot this MOnday?

This my friends is global warming!

But that's for another post.

I will talk to you on Weds. when the library re-opens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is Carrie from Weis. :) Thought I'd stop by to say hi. I'll add this blog to my RSS Feed to watch!

Also, if you're interested, this is my blog: http://wuhdemah.livejournal.com/

I don't update it nearly as much as you do yours, I think, and it's mostly used for fandom (TV/Movie/Book talk) related stuff, but you might find something interesting there. My Ireland and England journals are all there, anyway.

Thanks for giving me your blog site!