Wednesday, March 21, 2012

999% misery, 1% joy

It is, 999% misery, and 1% joy! Life is a grueling struggle. Between the physical disabilities and the broken society it's all absolutely exhausting. Few of the places I've lived  in the last 18 years have been up to code.

One of my worst fears came to pass on Sunday, when I got snow trapped. The landlord's maintenance staff said that he is too fat to do the shoveling so we will have to do our own! I still can't get down the steps out front, and even the city inspector said "the only way I can get down the steps is to walk backwards" He did that but was unable to reach the banister as it was covered with snow as well as the left part of the steps.

He said there is little he can do about my concerns with the exception of the fact that I feared the circuits weren't grounded. He is looking into that. I told him I literally can't touch anything without getting shocked. I demonstrated that when I put my bare arm against any wall, the static makes my hair stand up literally. I told him that when I try to pull up the blankets or roll over in bed, there are big lights and hundreds of very painful shocks. It looks like lightening and like the bed will just catch fire.

The fire inspector said, all he can do is advise management to get fire alarms, but he can't legally mandate it!

I'm very very weak. From June -05 to 4/11 I had the handicapped rails on the bathtub and no steps to climb. I was very dependent on those rails.

my next post is on adaptive techonology for the disabled.

No comments: