Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Adaptive Technology/Assistive Devices"

I was reading a magazine called "New Mobility" Beyond Wheels. I was absolutely stunned at how far technology has come in assisting the disabled to lead full and productive lives.

In my backyard the other day, I knew that if I fell in a snow drift, I wouldn't be seen or found til everything melted. The only way I could safely walk across the property was by my new invention.

(Just like in winter 09, I had to do ridiculous things to keep from falling on my property since no one would clear it after Hampstead/Baltimore region's record breaking snowfall.......)

I found an abandoned lawn chair, the old fashioned kind with the 4 legs. I grabbed it, and fashioned it into a walker, so that it would keep me from falling in a drift!

I realize that, maybe this is a good time to order a cane, as my doc suggested for the weakness years ago. But in the meantime, lawn chairs make good walkers for the poor.

No comments: