Thursday, March 22, 2012

"The amazing young woman on the bus today"

There was an amazing young woman at the bus stop with me today. I'd seen her before this time I wanted to know about her. She is in grad school for social work, undergraduate is education, same background as me. Anywho, she's late 20's and was lucky enough to meet her husband in undergrad.

I said "It's such a rare treat to meet someone like yourself with reflective listening skills!"

She said that "I also meet extremely few people that really listen to each other."

me-"We were taught in social work school to never give unsolicited advice, therefore I'm about ready to give you unsolicited advice!"

her-"go for it"

me-"If there ever comes a time when the going gets rough in your marriage, work work work at it. The grass IS NOT greener on the otherside!"

her-she thanked me and said that her husband feels the same way!

No comments: