Monday, March 26, 2012

"On the pluses and minuses of being an open person"

There are many stressors to being open and outgoing, but I think the stressors are all part of the game to wanting new people in your life. I mean it is actually very stressful much of the time to be on public transit, however, because I'm in a small mountain town, where most people are open, I make very frequent meaningful connections.

I found this to be impossible to achieve in Baltimore, where most are cold and unfriendly.

Yes, the downside to being open is that I also meet many people who stress me out and who I don't enjoy. But I think I'm going to continue to risk being open to new experiences, it many ways it enriches my life, and gives me plenty of fodder for a non fiction book as well as for this blog!

No comments: