Saturday, March 10, 2012

Today at the bus stop

ME- "How are you?"

d.j.*-"Well,Ihad alot of beers last night!"

ME-"So you're just a little hung over!"

d.j.-"Yes" "Ijust got out of the 30 day detox program over at the @#$ center"

ME-"Oh,yes. I'm familiar with that. But, it looks like it wasn't very effective"

d.j. "Well, what I need to do is get into the rehab 30 day"

ME-"Oh good. When willyou do that?"

d.j. He pulled out a card showing me the date for entry.

ME-"I'm Elana. And, I've only known you for 3 minutes but I'm proud of you."

d.j. "ELANA, my sister's name is Elana!"

ME-"How old are you."

d.j.-"48"

ME-"you're my age"

ME-"Are you native american indian?"

d.j. "Yes,my tribe is Havasupai. I grew up in the Grand Canyon." "I'm really a good person, you know?"

ME-"Yes, I do know. Here's my #. Keep me informed of your progress. I'm clean and you're going to need to stay around clean people"

d.j. "I really need friends. I'll call you."

No comments: