Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Yesterday at the bus stop"

A woman about my age, who I recognized as the girl from 3 doors down* joined me at the bus stop. People in Mountain Town use very poor discretion when it comes to their level of disclosure about their lives! I think it's the opposite of Baltimore. She was talking on a cell phone and it sounded like she was talking to her signif. other. I asked her if she was married, and her age. She's 48, and her husband is 80, she said.

She said she's on her way to "trauma therapy." and we discussed that a tad. Then I asked her how she met her husband.

PROSTITUTING, she replied.

I said, well I guess now that you are with him you don't need to prostitute anymore, ehh? She replied You got it, he loves me and I don't need to do that anymore.

No comments: