Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"I'm eligible"

So, I've been in mountain town for 26 months and I got a lot of mixed messages.  Mostly that I do not qualify to participate in the "adult center" activities because I am too young.

But I just got the official scoop recently.  And that is: "It does not matter your age if you collect social security disability you can attend any event at all at the "adult center"

So, today I went over there and played scrabble with 2 ladies.  The one lady (and I am still giggling to myself over this) rolled her eyes when I told her I didn't need the scrabble dictionary!

She thought I was being a snob!  In reality I did not no such a book existed so I had never used one.

So I learned that if we used 1/2 the words in a scrabble dictionary no one would have a clue what we are saying!

As it stands, I have to frequently "dumb down" so people can understand me anyhow.

Scrabble was fun and one of the ladies called me "honey" and was very sweet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt I'll go for another lunch there I do not like the food.  I gotta laugh because Susan my blind friend asked me a lot of questions that I was un willing to answer at the public lunch  table.

There were all sorts of "political and religious" things happening yet one guy was afraid I MIGHT TALK politics or religion! (perhaps something different then Christianity?!)

So, despite the fact that you have to sing God bless America (political and religious), you have to "pledge allegiance to the flag"(very political)  before your meal,  THEY  are afraid that I will speak the unspeakable!  (A tad bit hypocritical)

I had no intention of speaking politics or religion anyhow so I said to Ralph* who was afraid I would:

"Don't you worry Ralph, I have all of the social graces!"

No comments: