Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"Somebody call 911!"

So dear friends.  YOu already know what kind of life I have.  Far out and unexplainable.  Unfortunately my brand new Dr. moved off the bus line.  So,today whilst I was walking back from the dr. I discovered a dollar store.

I walk in there, and i'm not in there 2 minutes when an employee yelled out:


"SOMEBODY CALL 911!"

A customer fainted after donating blood.  Thank goodness he was conscious so when the employee who was on the phone with the paramedics yelled out:

"IS HE TALKING?!"

me-"YES" I yelled out.

Synchronistically, regarding our area's shortage of blood there have been drives all over the place.  I told someone recently that; "I'll share just about everything, but not blood"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, there was a fire engine and a bunch of paramedics and they asked him if he wants to go to e.r.  Hopefully he said no.  I have collapsed/fainted tons of times in the last 20 years and I suspected that he will not need emergency attention.

When I exited the store, I saw a plasma center.  It brought me back to summer 94 when I was living in a building with very poor folks and I had a room in that rooming house that could only contain a single bed.  Nearly everyone in my bldg. had needle marks all over their arms, as giving plasma was the only money making opportunity many of them had.

No comments: