Saturday, December 28, 2013

"Bad naming choices for businesses"

I have to slightly change the names of the businesses but u will get the idea.  One of the shopping centers in my neighborhood should win an award for: poor name choices for businesses!  One can't even tell what the businesses are based on the name on the sign.

The bar is called "Francesco hole 13" and has a picture of a golf club and ball!

One place is called "hibanaya care!" (I have no earthly idea what they are caring for!)

The restaurant which I ate at once and predicted a rapid closure was called "purple palace and food emporium!"  (I ate there with my neighbor in aug. and told her it's just a matter of weeks before they  close.  (they closed in September)

We've got: a new shop called "give praise to god!"  and it is a coffee shop!

I went in there for coffee the other day and there was a whole table full of women with their eyes closed talking to god.  I thought they were praying over the food but in fact they kept their eyes closed the entire 20 min. I was in there and continued talking to god.

One must wonder, in a society where most businesses close their doors within a year, why on earth open a coffee shop that makes so many feel excluded?

No comments: