Monday, December 23, 2013

Breaking t he faith

It's been a challenge trying to stay awake for these 11 pm showings!  I'm sure I won't remember all of the key things that happened but:

I thought it was adorable that connie and her friend are taking dancing lessons.  Val and Martha are now going through the rebellious stage that many go through at 14 or 15.

It is real odd that the kids are exposed to so much Mormon stuff.  I think it's a mistake.  How can one break away from the control of the cult just to have Mormons try to convert them again.  I do think in the long wrong that's not good.  On the other hand the Mormon's represent "
gentile" thus exposing the flds kids to more worldly ways.

Religion is damn confusing.  I find it so strange that the flds call everyone who is not flds/gentile!  Whereasthe jews call everyone who is not a jew, a gentile, and the amish call everyone who is not amish/English! My head is spinning this is all so confusing thank god I'm an atheist  ;)

Val and the b/f actually have some key things in common.  I guess I can understand that the house don't want her b/f over into the house......................On the other hand, hopefully at some point the house can have him over for dinner.

At the end of the episode last night they showed a destroyed house but we don't know who did it or why................................................

Val looks real nice in fact unrecognizable in her worldly clothes!  I love Carolyn and I think she was genius and very sensitive in describing to the girls why the flds qualifies as a cult.

No comments: