Monday, August 10, 2009

10 Stars for "Julie and Julia" with Meryl Streep

I reckon this is the best movie I've seen this year. This was a special surprise because when I chose this one I did not know there would be so many parallels between my own life and Julie's. I had no idea this movie was about a blogger who blogs her way to a best selling book and then a movie.

Remember in the movie her friends tell her she ought to collect donations thru her blogsite! I just loved that! They told her to add a paypal account so they can keep eating fancy dinners! The movie never indicated whether or not her fans gave her donations or not. In my case, I received hundreds of letters via email saying "I want to donate to you" I'd walk them thru the steps on my website, and they never once followed through. I dropped my donation/paypal account in July.

Memorable quote from the movie: Julia grabs a pasta noodle out of the pot and yells "THIS IS HOTTER THAN A STIFF COCK!"

If you need to laugh and be charmed, this is a "can't miss!"

No comments: