Thursday, January 29, 2015

"looking back at 1/29/1996

Estelle's dogs woke me at 6 am so I only got 4 miserable hours sleep. 

This a.m. I contacted food stamp office as well as Salvation Army regarding my need for emergency food stamps and emergency rent money.

The food stamp office said I would need to arrive before 11 a.m. but I knew with all the bus transfers and wait time I would never make it.

I spent the morning perusing the employment section/want ads.  Almost Family in Timonium are hiring but it's going to be more then a 2 hour commute one way on busses.

I went anyway because they are calling for a lot of ice and snow over the next week so I knew my situation would only get worse.

They said that as long as they can reach my references they will give me an answer in 3 days on whether or not I'm hired.

To Be Continued

No comments: