Wednesday, January 21, 2015

St Mary's Food Bank

I went to st. Mary's Food Bank yesterday oh maybe I already told you this, and they gave me 3 boxes of food. I gave 60% of it to the man behind me. I said to him we're creating like a Giving Circle.
I was extremely impressed with how organized st. Mary's is. When you pull up to the building there are two lanes of traffic it looks exactly like you are pulling up at your bank teller and you're in a car.
One lane is some new clients and the other lane is old clients. It was a 15 minute wait I expected that I would be the only one but instead there were rows of cars that just kept coming and coming. And obvious sign that people are not earning enough money to cover all their food expenses each month.
I went home and put the food away I had a couple of things with spinach I'm sorry lettuce little bit older but it was ok some vegetables from Mexico I didn't even know what they were they look similar to zucchini so a lot of fresh produce I was surprised in a little bit disappointed that there were no quick canned foods like macaroni and cheese or spaghetti o's I was very surprised no tuna fish no meat no milk no cheese. The reason why they are not giving out these items I am certain is because the general public is not donating that. I had a lot of cans of spaghetti sauce. A bag of white rice a lot of junk food so sweet a bag of nuts I couldn't get it open because of the safety seal. Nowadays there's three or four things I get from the grocery store every week I get at home and I can't get it open.
St Mary's is doing some wonderful things

No comments: