Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Show has me in tears

Deeply moving to watch part 1 about Bruce and watch him try to explain to his family what's going to be happening. I went through something like this myself two times in an 18 month period with men that I was dating. one of them this was back in 1997 did go on to have the gender reassignment surgery, the other one did not but I went with him to transgender support group in Baltimore City. The following year the leader of the group was murdered for being transgender.

Ever since we came out of the closet with all this there are all sorts of TV shows on now, reality shows about other transgender families. I think it's wonderful and I hope that people will try to be kind and try to put themselves in someone else's shoes before they judge. as bruce says all he or anyone really wants to do is be there or be there authentic selves goodness knows I'm all for that

No comments: