Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Today was a wonderful day

I knew that there was someone here in my town who is one of my Facebook friends but we had never actually met face to face. I happen to be in the library returning a book and I recognized him immediately. We spent the next hour and a half together I took him to the mission for dinner and told them the different resources for him to have a place to live. His situation is really horrible really really horrible. He is my age and he has cancer advanced cancer and he has no shelter and he doesn't get disability because he never got approved for his disability. He said he's literally been penniless for 7 months that is a horrible way to live I know because I've lived through it. He was a practicing nurse until the time that he got diagnosed with cancer so hopefully he will allow me to take care of him so to speak and reverse the roles for a change because I have the knowledge and resources to help him really get to a better position in life because I know the resources in my town like the back of my hand. This is the first time either one of us has ever met a Facebook friend in person and he's is excited as I am

No comments: