Sunday, July 26, 2015

The baltimore bus pass from hell

I first apply for disability in 1995, I didn't win until 2002 in march.

in roughly 2006 I got a photo ID bus pass in the mail fromBaltimore mass transit id ministration

( my car broke down and I couldn't afford the repairs so I lost my automobile)

That bus pass was awful for me to look at and read. It's one thing to realize that you have disabilities it's another thing to have others label you with labels that can sometimes be very psychologically difficult to overcome.

In big black letters my bus pass read:

totally and permanently disabled!

I had to really think about that and digest it and I wondered to myself/ is it true? am I really permanently and totally disabled?

Now, in 2015 I would say that unfortunately those words are nearly 100% accurate ;(

No comments: