Monday, July 14, 2008

"Correspondence from Hell"

So, on 7/10, we received a duplicate letter from the day before, and of course you know a painter came by and said that my door would have to stay open for a few hours. "til 3:30 or 3:40"

chest pain, rib pain, and headaches are common ailments with me. I have no doubt that living at la Pew is really hurting my health.

7/11

(I don't have the letter with me this time so I'll go by memory) Dear Tenant, On 7/11 you will need to prop your door open for 6 hours. Y ou can close it by 2 p.m. If you do not follow these orders we will charge you for paint damage.

So, you are leaving a note for 160 families many of whom are functionally illiterate that leaves alot of room for interpretation. What time are they supposed to open their door? I can do simple math. If the door can be closed by 2, then that means I have to set my alarm, and prop my door open no later than 8 a.m. I set the alarm and opened the door at 7:50 a.m. No other doors on my floor were propped open, again, because it requires people to do math. Is there any wonder why we are so angry?

7/11

On 7/14 La Pew and Linden will come by your apt. to inspect our work.

What time? It's all I can do not to spend the weekend worrying and dreading Monday. Them inspecting their own work is like a schoolgirl grading her own math test!

No comments: