Sunday, July 6, 2008

"My dangerous home"

I was speaking to my acquaintance Martha in the hallway yesterday at La Pew. She's lived here for about 10 years if not more. She said that the last maintenance team were known for stealing from the residents and that the old management team blew the residents off when they'd complain.

 Management would suggest that tenants were going crazy, or just being forgetful, and that  "Maintenance would never ever steal from tenants"

 This is the first time I've ever heard of a tenant who had the guts to take maintenance staff to court.

Apparently, Edith (an ex tenant, senior citizen) moved to county section 8 and then took La Pew maintenance men to court. Martha doesn't know what the outcome of the case was. I told Martha that I"m afraid to go to court against the current maint. staff because I'm afraid to have a case against someone who has a key to my home.

THis morning, I saw Sharon in the laundry room. She confirmed that the halls and laundry rooms in our bldg. are terrifyingly dangerous and that she also dreads doing laundry.

I tried to figure out a way around this problem, I have a rental car once a month, and I could go to the laundromat then, however, I can't stand the idea of only doing laundry once a month.

No comments: