Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Many Women May Find this Offensive"

My friend John says that my life has so much synchronicity that I must be doing something very right. Anyhow, between March and November, everyday, for the last 20 years or so, I think to myself, boy, these women who wear flip flops and shoes similar to flip flops and women who allow their children to wear shoes similar to flip flops might as well be commiting child abuse.

Ironically, yesterday, the newspaper B-The site: had a front page article with flip flops on them. It was entitled:

FLIP FLOP FIASCO

Paraphrase was/The 6 reasons why flip flops are such an idiotic choice. (my words) and it gave 6 reasons (i tried to pull up the link for you but had a tough time finding it)

__________________________________________________________________________
Last week I was watching a show , such as Nightline that did a special on the shoe Crocs. Showed pictures of the thousands and thousands of feet and legs of children mangled each years in escalators by children wearing crocs. This is something I think and worry about everytime I see a kid get on an escalator with Crocs or the like. I'm a real believer in trusting your intuition and not waiting for Dateline or nightline to confirm your instincts that these shoes are stupid choices!
If your offended by my post today then:
tough toenails!

No comments: