Monday, January 25, 2010

"Ive run out of money"

This leaves me no choice but to smuggle my own food into public places if I get hungry! I was on my way to the mall yesterday where there are two shops that let you eat your own food.

So I brought my 16 ounce bottle of Bolthouse Farms Mochacino, a bag of Pepperidge farm dark chocolate/raspberry milano cookies and a banana. (all purchased with food stamps)

I never made it to the mall because the fog was blinding. This is a rare issue in Baltimore but a common problem in Carroll County.

So, I still want to get out of the house. I go to my local coffee shop. I take a sip of my drink then surreptitiously put it back in the plastic bag. I take a bite of cookie then discreetly re wrap it in a napkin. Most customers are looking at me as if I am a thief.

Every couple of seconds I check to see where the manager is. I never did see one. The baristas don't care if I eat my own food.  Nevertheless none of the employees ever notice my dastardly deeds!

This is one strange life, is it not?

No comments: