Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Of All the Dumb Luck"

For 2 weeks I've been silently praying to the universe: "Whatever you do just don't snow on Sat. January 30th!" Well, I was on my way to Baltimore City for a Hippie Reunion and what'dya know, I'm too scared to make the drive. They're calling for up to 3 inches.

so, I'm on my way out the door to Hippie Reunion and see snow. Well, normally I don't drive in the snow, but I'm all dressed with nowhere to go. Let me see if I can get to Balto. City. Well, I make it 8 blocks and chicken out.

Dodge Rams are fishtailing and there is a honda that has driven up onto the median. Nonetheless, I see if I can at least make it to the library. I hate being at home with no phone service so I might as well try to get to the library.

No t.v. either so I don't know if any warnings have been issued against driving.

What is "Hippie Reunion?" you are just "dying" to know.

Well it's the memorial service for the late A. Robert Kauffman (activist)

Google the name and put in activist next to his name. I've not done this but it will be a feast of knowledge indeed.

What do I wear to a hippie memorial? I'm wearing a dark green sweater, light green jeans, and tie dye socks......................

I'm very dissapointed, but I just can't take the chance of trying to drive that far. It's almost 30 miles and my roadside assistance will only travel 15 miles.

No comments: