Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Small town kindness, small town ways"

Last night when I was driving home from the library (day 2 migraine) the low coolant light came on. Oh great. One more thing to worry about. Well I'm not going to try to resolve this now it's after dark.

Next day I'm thinking about this. I don't have any money to buy coolant. I know you aren't supposed to use water in the winter to replace the coolant. Hmmm, giant sells coolant and said non profit has given me some giant cards for food. Boy I sure don't want to use those food cards for coolant.

I can call my caseworker at the welfare office and see if there is any money in the pot for car repairs. No, it isn't a repair; but I can't drive the car without it. She'd have to send a promissory note to the auto shop that the agency will pay for the coolant! What a big to do all this over coolant.

I called the shop to find out how many days I can go using water in lieu of coolant. Zero, the mechanic said. My next question was going to be "How much do you charge for dexcool?" But he didn't give me chance to ask the question. He said: "Bring her on in today so I can top her off"

Elana-"How much will that cost?"

mechanic-"I'm not charging you Elana, just bring her on in!"

No comments: